There are three general types of dartboard, electronic, bristle and magnetic dart boards with bristle boards being the most common. The electronic dartboard tends to be the most expensive on account of all the added features you get.
However, if you really want a dartboard for your game room, but have kids that are too young for real darts, the safest and cheapest option would be to grab yourself a magnetic dart board.
Magnetic boards are exactly what they sound like. Rather than relying on sharp points to stick the darts into the board, these dartboards use powerful (well, usually) magnets as heads to keep the darts from falling off.
That way, not only will your kids stay safe, but you’ll save a fortune by not having to repair the walls behind the target. So, what is the best magnetic dart board set?
To help you get a better idea regarding this type of dart play, below we have reviewed several of the most popular and hottest-selling magnetic dartboards on the market today, and highlighted the pros and cons associated with each product.
We have also included a Magnetic Dartboard Buyer’s Guide, in which we will cover the various factors and features you will need to consider.
Best Magnetic Dart Board Reviews
Below are reviews of the best rated magnetic dartboards that we consider are great value and will offer great entertainment for the players.
1. Marky Sparky Doinkit Darts Magnetic Dart Board
- Durable. Due to the materials used in its construction, the Doinkit Darts Magnetic Dart Board is one of the most durable magnetic boards on the market today.
- Standard size. Unlike some other magnetic dartboard sets, the Doinkit Darts Magnetic Dart Board is of regulation size, making it a great way to practice for an upcoming tournament or competition.
- Hanging hook included. The hook with which to hang this dartboard is included in the kit, thus giving you everything you need to play right out of the box.
- Premium Priced. The Doinkit Darts Company is very well-renowned and uses quality magnets and materials, thus its products tend to be a bit premium priced and thus might not attract the budget conscious consumer.
The Doinkit Darts Magnetic Dart Board gives you and your family all the fun of regular darts without the risk they may cause to small children. That’s because the board contains powerful magnets that literally hold the darts in place when they make contact with the board.
Great for the family, this magnetic board can be used in a safe, yet fun way and provide hours of enjoyment without risking your walls or others. The game is a great way to improve coordination & encourage sportsmanship; and a fun way to spend a family game night.
When playing with the Doinkit Darts Magnetic Dart Board you’ll be introduced to all the characteristics of standard darts, right down to the faux cracks in the board, its size, style and the various numbered targets and bullseye. The dart board comes with a hook to easily hang it in any room, and its small size will not take up too much wall space.
The durable Doinkit Darts Magnetic Dart Board is made from strong, balanced neodymium magnets (stronger than standard magnets) with the company’s proprietary space age Doinkit material—a material that is lightweight and virtually indestructible, keeping the dart always flying accurately for optimal dart performance.
When you purchase this fun kit you’ll get the 16-inch magnetic dartboard, a set of 6 safe magnetic darts—in two different colors—and a hook with which to hang the board.
On the back of the board you have a picture hanger slot for mounting hardware, which should be enough, considering the board weighs barely a pound.
On that note, you needn’t put any protection behind the board in case a throw goes wide, as the magnetic tip on the darts themselves won’t make a ding.
Still, you might want to put some sort of felt backing just so there isn’t any marking left (especially if you have white or light color walls).
2. Street Walk Magnetic Dart Board
- Double-sided. One of the best things about the Magnetic Dart Board by Street Walk is that it is double-sided, offering players twice the games and twice the fun.
- Comes with 12 darts. With 12 color-coded darts, this dartboard allows for four players to play the game at the same time.
- Balanced. The darts that come with the Magnetic Dart Board by Street Walk are factory-balanced, allowing them to fly straighter and more accurately.
- Hook strength. The hanging hook that comes with the Magnetic Dart Board by Street Walk is not very strong—you may want to purchase your own hardware to ensure the dartboard stays in place.
The Magnetic Dart Board by Street Walk is not only great for family fun and game nights, it is the perfect antidote to a boring party—a dartboard that can bring everyone together happily for some fun, competitive and, most of all, safe dart play.
The 16-inch, double-sided dart board boasts games on each side, and each side is highly magnetized to ensure the darts will stick when they hit their mark.
Best of all, the dart board enables you to enjoy all of the fun of genuine dart play without having to worry about someone getting hurt, and with no embarrassing holes in the wall.
The Magnetic Dart Board by Street Walk comes with 12 magnetic darts that are conveniently color coded into four colors, allowing four players to play the game at one time. All of the darts are completely safe for children, with no sharp edges to cause harm to walls and to other players.
Made from a material called neodymium, the darts are very tough, durable and factory balanced. This allows the darts to fly straight and accurate for the very best in performance.
Like the dartboard surface, the darts are highly magnetized to ensure they will stay on the board and off the floor.
Parents looking to introduce their children to the game of darts in the safest and most responsible way will absolutely love the Magnetic Dart Board by Street Walk. With this board—and with these darts—kids can practice and master their dart skills safely before moving on to the real thing.
The durable dartboard comes with everything you need to set it up, including a handy hook that screws in easily to any wall and attaches securely to the top of the dartboard.
The Magnetic Dart Board by Street Walk comes with a full, no-questions asked warranty: if for any reason you are not satisfied with the look or performance of your new purchase, just send it back for a quick and easy refund.
It really is that simple.
3. Rabosky Magnetic Dart Board for Kids
- Aesthetic design. The aesthetic and eye-catching design of the Rabosky Magnetic Dart Board for Kids makes it look great in any room of the house.
- Two games in one. The Rabosky Magnetic Dart Board for Kids features a standard dartboard on one side and a target bullseye game on the back—two games for the price of one.
- Instructions included. Upon purchase, buyers will receive convenient instructions on how to play and score the different games this board allows for.
- Only two colors. With only two dart colors (red and yellow) in the Rabosky Magnetic Dart Board for Kids—two instead of four—it might be confusing for more than two players to play at a single time.
Quite possibly one of the coolest gifts a kid can receive, the Rabosky Magnetic Dart Board for Kids comes with 12 magnetic darts, six of which are colored red and the other six colored yellow. The darts have no pointy edges and are thus completely safe regardless of the participants ages.
All of the games children can play on this dartboard will help them improve their hand-eye coordination, aim and stamina. Even better, the counting that is required in these dart games to keep score is a great way to introduce them to math.
All of the darts are constructed from a tough neodymium material that is very durable and long lasting, and each of the darts is balanced to help them fly straighter and hit their mark more consistently.
We all worry about the safety of the toys with which are children play, but with the Rabosky Magnetic Dart Board for Kids you can put those fears to rest. That’s because this game is factory-tested for safety, and none of the darts pose any threat to children—or to your walls.
The dart board is double-sided with different games on each side. Moreover, both sides are magnetic and are made to grab and hold the darts right where they make contact with the board.
Upon purchase of the product, the company will email you with a handy PDF that talks about all the games you can play on the dartboard and how they are scored.
Also, the Rabosky Magnetic Dart Board for Kids is backed by a 30-day 100 percent money back guarantee, in which you can exchange an inferior dartboard or darts or receive a complete refund if you are not entirely satisfied with the game’s performance.
4. TG Magnetic Roll-up Dart Board
- Dual sided. The TG Magnetic Roll-up Dart Board and Bullseye Game is dual-sided, with a traditional dartboard on one side and a fun bullseye game on the other.
- Very adherent. The strong magnets in this dartboard mean reduced bounce outs and fall off when playing the game.
- Portable. The small dimensions of the dartboard mean you can essentially hang it anywhere you wish.
- Small. While the small dimensions of the TG Magnetic Roll-up Dart Board and Bullseye Game make it easy to hang, the dartboard may be too small for numerous players to engage in a game at the same time.
The TG Magnetic Roll-up Dart Board and Bullseye Game offers hours of fun for players of all ages. The dart board comes complete with darts that have no point, yet stick to the board as if they did, making them safe and easy to use.
The flexible cloth-covered board protects the wall behind it and rolls up to store conveniently, giving you and your family all the fun of darts with none of the holes in your wall or any risk of injury.
On one side of the TG Magnetic Roll-up Dart Board and Bullseye Game there is a standard dartboard, while the other side features a target bullseye game that is a blast to play. The kit comes with six magnetic flat-tipped darts, colored red and yellow; and the portable board hangs quickly anywhere and rolls up to store conveniently.
Just like a regular dartboard, the TG Magnetic Roll-up Dart Board and Bullseye Game offers a ring for single, double and triple shots, as well as a two-stage bullseye with a red dot in the center. The total dimensions of the dartboard are fairly small, making it easy to find a spot for this fun game in any room of your house.
5. Giggle N Go Magnetic Dart Board
- Rollup design. With its roll-up design, the GIGGLE N GO Magnetic Dart Board Game is very easy to store and transport.
- Fun “monster” game. The Monster Target game on the reverse side of the GIGGLE N GO Magnetic Dart Board Game makes this product very appealing to young children, while also helping with their counting and math skills.
- One-year warranty. The limited one-year guarantee allows purchasers to get replacement darts at a greatly reduced rate.
- Only six darts. With only six darts—instead of the 12 darts that come with other such games—the GIGGLE N GO Magnetic Dart Board Game only allows for two players to play at a time.
- Problems with sticking. Because the GIGGLE N GO Magnetic Dart Board Game has a flat, rollup design, some reviewers have noted that the darts do not stick as well as they do with other products in this category.
For hours of childlike fun you simply cannot beat the GIGGLE N GO Magnetic Dart Board Game. This double-sided magnetic dartboard features a regulation target design on the front and a cool “monster” game on the back to keep your kids engaged for hours.
Not only does this game help kids get a lot of indoor exercise, it also helps them with their counting skills as they learn to add up their scores.
In combination with the weight of the darts and their amazing sticking ability, the darts in this game are very easy to aim and throw, and the fun dartboard design makes it easy to see, even in low light conditions.
With all the hardware needed to hang the game included, the GIGGLE N GO Magnetic Dart Board Game is very easy to install: just pick a wall, hang the board with the easy-hang hook that’s included, and tape a throwing line on the floor. The game comes complete with two sets of brightly colored, super strong and highly balanced neodymium darts.
All the darts have safe rounded edges that make them safe for players 5 years old and up—darts that will never harm other players or your walls.
Never again will you have to deal with holes in the wall, and because the magnetic bond between the darts and the dart board is said to be strong, you can be sure that the darts will fly straight and stick when they hit their target.
When the GIGGLE N GO Magnetic Dart Board Game is not in use, parents can simply remove the game from the hook and roll it up for easy storage. The durable and long lasting board and darts come nicely packaged, and everything you need to play the game is included.
This includes the rollup, two-sided board that offers many different game choices, six strong darts, and an instruction booklet that describes all of the games in detail, including how they are scored.
The game comes with a limited one-year guarantee, and replacement darts are offered at a greatly discounted rate.
6. Westminster Magnetic Dartboard Game Room Collection
- Great for all ages. The Westminster Magnetic Dartboard Game Room Collection can be played by children—8 years and up—and adults.
- Vivid. The vivid, highly-visible markings on this magnetic dartboard make it easy to see, even when backing up the line and playing from further distances.
- Safe. The Westminster Magnetic Dartboard Game Room Collection can be safely played by participants of all ages.
- Bulky. According to some reviewers, the Westminster Magnetic Dartboard Game Room Collection is a bit bulky and hard to initially hang on the wall.
The Westminster Magnetic Dartboard Game Room Collection is a great way to practice darts in a safe and responsible manner. This 16 inch dartboard replicates an actual dartboard to a “T”, allowing players to practice without ever having to worry about putting holes in the wall.
The game comes with six magnetic darts—3 of which are colored green and the other 3 colored yellow. The super-attractive darts stick great to the board and continue to hold until the player takes them off, with no bounce offs or fallout.
The Westminster Magnetic Dartboard Game Room Collection features all the challenges and fun of regular darts without the hazardous metal tips that can be very dangerous around smaller children.
With this game you can try your luck and protect your walls at the same time just by aiming the yellow and green magnetic darts at the ample 16″ dartboard – they stick just like the real thing.
Perfect for game nights, family reunions and holiday parties, the game can be played and enjoyed equally by children (8 years and up) and adults, providing hours of wholesome fun without ever having to leave your home.
Magnetic Dart Board Buying Guide
When setting out to purchase a magnetic dartboard there are many features you will want to look for and many factors to consider. To help you make a more educated purchasing decision, below we have highlighted and elaborated on some of those considerations.
Size is always a feature you should consider when shopping for a magnetic dartboard. These dartboards come in a variety of sizes, which enables you to choose one that best fits the wall space you have picked out.
For a regulation-sized dartboard, you should be looking for one that has a circumference of roughly 16 inches, but keep in mind there are both larger and smaller sizes available. The larger the board you select the more players that can play in a single game.
Who Is the Dart Board for?
When choosing a magnetic dart board it is very important that you identify who will be playing the game most commonly.
The game of darts may be played by different levels of players, including novices, intermediates, and the professional expert players; and the many different magnetic dart boards are intended for different players of various skill levels.
The weight of the dartboard is also a consideration. Very lightweight magnetic dart boards are easy to hang and they pose less of a risk to your flooring should they fall during a match.
However, heavier dartboards tend to be more durable and long-lasting, largely because they are made from heavier materials such as steel. If you are looking for a dartboard that you only intend to hang once in a single location, a heavier more durable board is probably the best choice.
However, if you plan to travel with your new board as a way to practice when you are out on the road, a dart board of lighter weight might be the most appropriate choice.
Certain magnetic dartboards are very detailed, mimicking the exact appearance of a standard dart board right down to the doubles and triples area and the bullseye. If you are an avid player, this is the type of board you should purchase.
On the other hand, if you are purchasing the dart board to hang in a children’s play area, this type of detail on the face of the board is probably not necessary and will almost always save you a few bucks.
What Is Included in the Kit?
Finally, some magnetic dartboards are sold as a single item, while others come in a kit. This latter type is what we recommend.
Look for a dartboard in which the darts are included, as well as a hook with which to properly place that dartboard on the wall.
So there you have it – out Top best magnetic dart board recommendations. If you have a question about the reviews or would like us to look at another magnetic dart board, drop us a comment.