Twitch Prime has a lot to offer some Twitch users. A Twitch Prime membership includes a channel subscription, extra games and even exclusive content.
But Twitch Prime isn’t for everyone. Some users find the additional features just aren’t worth the expense and prefer to put their money toward supporting their favorite streamers directly.
Since Twitch Prime isn’t its own thing – it’s part of Amazon Prime – cancelling it isn’t entirely straightforward, but there are two ways to “cancel” the Twitch Prime service.
One, you can simply disconnect your Twitch account from your Amazon Prime account. This ends your access to Twitch Prime features, but doesn’t actually cancel your Amazon Prime subscription.
Two, you can cancel your Amazon Prime subscription, which automatically cancels Twitch Prime.
Cancel Twitch Prime, Keep Amazon Prime
If, for some reason, you want to leave Twitch Prime while still keeping your Amazon Prime account active, you just need to disconnect the two accounts. To do this –
- Log into your Twitch account.
- Click the profile icon in the upper right corner of the main screen.
- Choose “Settings” from the menu.
- Click the “Connections” tab on the “Settings” screen.
- Find the “Amazon” icon and click the “Disconnect” button beside it.
- Confirm you want to disconnect in the pop-up window.
Now, you have “cancelled” Twitch Prime without cancelling your Amazon Prime account.
Just keep in mind, when you disconnect Twitch Prime from Amazon Prime, you are really just cancelling your own access to Twitch Prime features.
Twitch Prime is included in an Amazon Prime account. It doesn’t cost any extra, so you won’t save any money by disconnecting the two accounts.
Cancel Twitch Prime by Cancelling Amazon Prime
If you want to stop paying the monthly fee for Twitch Prime (which is included in your Amazon Prime account), you must cancel your Amazon Prime account. To cancel Amazon Prime –
- Hover over “Account & Lists” on the Amazon homepage and click the “Sign In” button.
- Enter your email and password when prompted to log into the website.
- Hover over “Account & Lists” again and select “Your Prime Membership” from the menu.
- Click “End Membership and Benefits” in the menu on the left side of the page. You’ll find it directly under your payment history.
- Click the yellow “End My Benefits” button in the center of the far bottom of the page that appears. (Avoid the first blue button you see, which is Amazon’s attempt to trick you into shopping instead.)
- Click “Continue to Cancel” on the next page that appears, on which Amazon tries to convince you to switch to monthly payments.
Finally, with that click, your Amazon Prime account will be cancelled, cancelling your access to Twitch Prime automatically.
Will Twitch Prime charge me after trial?
Yes. If you’ve signed up for Twitch Prime through a trial offer, you’ll need to cancel your account (as detailed above) before the trial expires.
If you don’t, Amazon will automatically charge the credit card you’ve attached to your Prime account at the end of your trial period.
How do I cancel my Twitch Prime free trial?
You cancel your Twitch Prime free trial by cancelling your Amazon Prime free trial.
You cancel your Amazon Prime free trial the same way you cancel a regular Amazon Prime account (see above).
Can I cancel Twitch Prime before the trial period ends?
Yes. You can cancel Twitch Prime any time after you start your trial period, and it’s highly suggested you do.
Online services – yes, even Amazon – are notorious for charging subscription fees early, so if you wait until the very last day you may find yourself fighting for a refund when you do cancel.
Schedule your Twitch Prime trial when you have a little time to spare. It should only take two or three days to decide if the service is right for you. If you decide you’re not interested, go ahead and cancel.
Does Twitch Prime expire?
Since Twitch Prime is connected to your Amazon Prime account, the real question here is “Does Amazon Prime expire?,” and the answer is both yes and no.
Technically, an Amazon Prime account does expire. A monthly subscription expires one month after your Prime start date, while an annual subscription expires one year after your Prime start date.
However, there’s a big caveat here, and that caveat is that Amazon sets your account to auto-renew by default. That means you will get billed again one month after your start date for a monthly subscription or one year after your start date for an annual subscription automatically if you don’t cancel before the renewal (expiration) date.
If you decide you want to cancel Amazon Prime, you should cancel immediately. When you cancel, auto-renewal will be turned off, but your account will still be active until the end of your current billing period.
You won’t sacrifice anything by cancelling an Amazon Prime/Twitch Prime account early.