Yo, fellow anime fans! We know you’re excited to watch the latest episode of your favorite series, but something’s not quite right… Where the heck did the subtitles go?!
It’s all good, though — we’re here to help you navigate the confusing world of Crunchyroll subtitle issues.
Whether you’re a subbed purist or just need some help understanding the complex storylines, this guide is your one-stop shop for fixin’ those pesky subtitle problems.
So, don’t let language barriers ruin your anime experience — let’s get those subs back in action!
Common Causes of Subtitle Issues
Quick answer: the two most common reasons your Crunchy roll subtitles aren’t working is either 1) the Crunchyroll video player glitching on ya, or 2) your streaming device is experiencing a software issue.
But, let’s go through all the trouble-shooting options.
Update and Compatibility
Sometimes, Crunchyroll subtitles not working can be due to outdated software on the user’s computer.
To fix this, users should ensure their Crunchyroll app, web browser, and Adobe Flash Player are up to date.
Additionally, fully logging out of Crunchyroll and resetting one’s device might help solve the issue.
In some cases, the problem with subtitles on Crunchyroll could be related to a specific web browser’s limitations.
Users might try switching to a different browser to see if this resolves their subtitle problems.
It’s also a good idea to disable VPNs and ad blockers, as they could potentially interfere with the subtitles.
Cache and Cookie Problems
Crunchyroll’s subtitles might not be working properly due to complications with the user’s cache and cookies.
Clearing the cache and cookies from one’s browser often helps fix streaming and subtitle issues.
So, if someone’s experiencing subtitle issues on Crunchyroll, it’s recommended that they check their software for updates and compatibility, try using a different browser, and clear their cache and cookies.
Solutions for Crunchyroll Subtitle Issues
Here’s a few more possible fixes for this missing subtitle issue.
Checking Subtitle Settings
If Crunchyroll subtitles ain’t working, first try checking the subtitle settings.
While watching your anime, look for the gear icon on the video player’s UI.
Click on it and make sure the subtitle language option is set to your preferred language.
For closed captions, toggle them on or off as required. Sometimes, all you need is a quick tweak in the settings menu.
Clearing Cache and Cookies
A messed up cache or cookies might cause subtitle issues.
Don’t worry, clearing ’em can help. In your web browser:
- Hit “CTRL + SHIFT + R” (PC) or “CMD + SHIFT + R” (Mac) to reload the page and save cached content
- Find your browser’s settings and clear cache and cookies
Once you’re done, sign in again and see if the issue is fixed.
Updating Web Browser and App
Older web browsers or app versions might struggle with subtitles.
Keep your software up to date:
- For web browsers, check the browser’s settings or help menu, and update if needed
- In the case of the Crunchyroll app, head to your device’s app store or Google Play Store, and update or install the latest version
Switching Devices and Players
Still no luck? The problem might be with a specific device or video player like Adobe Flash Player.
Consider trying these:
- Use Crunchyroll on a different device or platform, like a smartphone or game console
- Check if your device has the latest Flash Player, and update or reinstall it if needed
- Test Crunchyroll with an alternative web browser, and see if it works better
By adopting these steps, you’re more likely to get your Crunchyroll subtitles back in action.
Dealing with Ads and VPNs
Are ads and VPNs messing up your subtitle experience on Crunchyroll?
Ads Impact on Subtitles
Sometimes, ads on Crunchyroll can mess with subtitles, making them disappear or not synchronize correctly.
When this happens, users can try a couple of things to fix the issue:
- Reload the page with “CTRL+SHIFT+R” (PC) or “CMD+SHIFT+R” (Mac) to refresh the page while keeping the cached content.
- Clear the browser cache and then reload the Crunchyroll video.
Using VPNs and Streaming Service
Using a VPN with Crunchyroll may affect subtitle functionality.
VPNs can cause the streaming service to restrict certain features, like subtitles, if they detect an unauthorized VPN or proxy server in use.
Here’s what to do if a VPN might be causing subtitle issues:
- Disable the VPN or proxy server temporarily while streaming Crunchyroll.
- Check if the subtitle issue is resolved.
- If disabling the VPN fixes the subtitle issue, consider using a different VPN service that is compatible with Crunchyroll.
Keep in mind that ads and VPNs may sometimes cause subtitle issues on Crunchyroll.
Address these issues using the aforementioned tips to enhance your streaming experience.
Crunchyroll Support and Feedback
Still having problems? Time to use an official support channel.
Crunchyroll’s customer service team can be contacted via email.
Unfortunately, they don’t offer phone support yet, but their email support can help address subtitle issues or any other concerns users might have.
Community Forums and Discussions
The Crunchyroll community forums are a great place to find help and share experiences with fellow users.
If you’re facing subtitle issues, you can check these forums for solutions, tips, or even start a discussion for advice.
Sometimes, you might find that others are experiencing the same problem and sharing their insights can be helpful.
In addition to forums, Crunchyroll has a Help Site filled with FAQs and knowledge base articles that offer guidance for various issues, including subtitle-related concerns.
Device Specific Solutions
Here’s a few more possible fixes by device type.
TV and Console Issues
Sometimes, Crunchyroll subtitles may not work on specific devices like TVs and gaming consoles.
Here are a few quick fixes to try out:
- Make sure the device’s software is up-to-date
- Check if Crunchyroll app is updated as well
- Toggle the subtitles on and off in the app settings
- Restart the device and try streaming again
PS4 Crunchyroll Subtitles
If you’re having an issue with Crunchyroll subtitles on your PS4, don’t worry!
Just follow these steps:
- Head to PS4 settings and check for system updates
- Update the Crunchyroll app too, if necessary
- Inside the Crunchyroll app, disable and re-enable subtitles
- Change video quality and see if the issue persists
- Restart the PS4 and give it a shot
Remember, these solutions might not work for everyone, but they’re worth trying out when facing subtitle problems on your TV or console.