Have you seen some sheep when you’re playing Minecraft and wondering how you can attract one and get it to follow you? You might be surprised to learn that taming a Minecraft sheep is a lot like taming a chicken in the game.
Once you find some sheep that you get to follow you and you get them penned up, you’re able to use the sheep for wool. And though it’s a bit morbid, you can also use the sheep for meat.
How To Tame & Attract A Minecraft Sheep (8 Easy Steps)
Okay, so taming one of these little adorable farm animals is actually really easy. Here are the steps to do:
- Get some wheat seeds.
- Hoe the ground near some water and grow the wheat seeds.
- Wait for the wheat to grow (it takes 2 days in Minecraft days).
- Equip your hoe once the wheat is grown and harvest it by clicking on it.
- Equip the wheat in your hotbar.
- Find and approach a sheep with the wheat equipped and it will follow you.
- While it’s following you, lure the sheep into an enclosed space like a pen or building.
- Close up the space and you’ve now got a tame pet sheep.
Don’t have any wheat seeds or not sure how to get them? It’s easy – you get wheat seeds by harvesting grass.
How to harvest grass for the wheat seeds? Just punch at the grass with a stick or your hand.
You only need one wheat harvest to attract a sheep in Minecraft.
Sounds simple enough, eh?
How To Breed Sheep In Minecraft (4 Easy Steps)
Now that you’ve got yourself a pet sheep, you might be wondering how the heck you can get some wool from it. And how the heck do you get even more sheep for your own little breeding farm?
Well, it takes two sheep to make an baby sheep, so you need at least one other sheep before you can start your own little sheep breeding and wool farm in the game
Here’s how to breed Minecraft sheep:
- Capture another sheep using the steps above so that you now have two sheep.
- Stand in front of each sheep and feed it wheat. You’ll know that you did this right when you see the hearts appear from them.
- Wait for the baby sheep to be born.
- Repeat the above three steps over and over to have a thriving herd of sheep on your farm.
Not sure how to feed your Minecraft sheep the wheat? All you have to do is stand in front of the sheep with the equipped wheat in your hotbar.
Then, you right-click on the wheat to feed them to the sheep.
Keep in mind that in addition to breeding your sheep for wool, you can also breed them for meat.
How To Shear A Sheep And Get Wool In Minecraft (5 Easy Steps)
Now that you’ve got yourself a few pet sheep penned up, it’s time to start getting wool. Keep in mind that with just three to five sheep, you will make a ton of wool – so don’t breed to many sheep for it cause you’ll get overwhelmed.
- Stand in front of one of your sheep.
- Equip the shears in your hotbar and select them so that you’re holding them in your hand.
- Use the shears on the sheep (usually by right-clicking on the sheep).
- Listen for the “snip” sound that symbolizes the sheep being fully sheared.
- Look for the wool on the ground by the sheep and pick it up before it disappears.
How To Make Shears in Minecraft
Don’t have any shears in your inventory? You can make shears in Minecraft with 2 iron ingots in the 3×3 crafting grid.
But when you craft the shears, the 2 iron ingots must be in the exact pattern below in order for shears to be crafted.
Other Minecraft guides you might be interested in that we have:
- How To Make A Carved Pumpkin In Minecraft (5 Easy Steps!)
- How To Breed And Tame Foxes In Minecraft
- Easy to Learn Fictional Languages: Minecraft’s Galactic Alphabet
- 10 Best Minecraft Enchantments
- 10 Strongest Mobs In Minecraft
- Why Some Minecraft Seeds Don’t Work For You
- The Best Minecraft Horse Names For Lazy Gamers
- 10 Epic Minecraft Seeds For Xbox One
- 10 Awesome Minecraft Adventure Maps
- 17+ Awesome Minecraft PE Seeds – Minecraft Bedrock Edition Seeds [2020 Update]
- Minecraft: Why Do Seeds Pop Out From Dirt When Planted Sometimes?
- How To Find & Use A Minecraft Buried Treasure Map
- How Do You Tame A Cow In Minecraft?